4/4/11

NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW Bat-boobs!

Hahaha see what I did with the title there? Brilliance!


This is Batwoman (or Batgirl, but let us be very careful here - no barely legals allowed!) by the king of pin-up art himself, Alberto Vargas! This two page pin-up first appeared in the July 1966 issue of Playboy. It also looks much more like La Mujer Murcielago than the Yvonne Craig Batgirl of 1966 television fame, and could have been an inspiration to 'Batwoman's' costume design. Except of course the movie version added a bikini. Spoilsports.

Anyways, I can't believe I did not know of this image's existence until just a couple days ago. My infatuation with all things 'Bat' as well as my affection for early 20th century pin-up art and it's influence on my own illustrations would lead one to assume that I had been aware of this picture for decades. In fact, when my girlfriend of all people stumbled onto it online her first words were 'You've probably already seen this...'

Well I hadn't.

And alas, it cannot be unseen.

Now boobs notwithstanding, I don't generally flip through old Playboys, but they do pop up pretty often in my second-hand swap meet garage sale searches. Now I have to be all pervy looking for this issue, because a topless Vargas Bat(girl)woman pin-up is, well, tops.

2 comments: