9/11/12

Charlize Theron as Aeon Flux in Playmobil


An anonymous reply to an earlier Playmobil Fi?ures Series 3 post revealed what is most likely the intended identity of what I previously dubbed 'Spy Girl,' my most anticipated upcoming Playmobil Fi?ures Series 3 figure.


Here is she:

Ans here's Charlize Theron as Aeon Flux:





According to 'anonymous:' "If the Spy Girl in Black on top wears a holster in her back, she seems to be Charlize Theron in "Aeon Flux" because she really seems to ; an Hollywood movie entirely located in Berlin, so very popular for German people !"

As far as I am concerned that haircut and 'V' chest window are too close to be coincidence.

I'm ashamed I didn't catch the similarities myself, but having never seen the movie my only familiarity with Aeon Flux was from Liquid Television on MTV back in the day:

And of course she looks nothing like the Playmobil figure or Charlize Theron for that matter!

Whether or not the Playmobil figure has a back holster remains to be seen, as Series 3 has yet to hit in my local area due to unforseen delays in US distribution. But you can be sure I will be squeezing packages for Charlize when the time comes (and yes, I know exactly how that sounds ;) )

Playmobil pic courtesy Cool Toy Review via their Toy Fair 2012 Playmobil photo gallery.

4 comments:

  1. I bet your looking forward to squeezing packages to feel her back holster :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how cool is that Eric? I could see you getting a couple of these for some fun photos and customs perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was originally contemplating customizing her into a Selina Kyle/Catwoman, but now I need to keep one as-is, since an Aeon Flux Playmobil is too incredibly awesome! Be sure to keep your eyes peeled on this one for me, we may need to team up to get all the ones we need!

      Delete