5/2/15

Deathstroke :: Imaginext Target Exclusive

 By all accounts the assassin Deathstroke (referred to by Fisher-Price by his given name of Slade) is an odd choice for a pre-school line like Imaginext. But here he is, by way of the Target exclusive Nightwing/Slade two figure set. As mentioned yesterday in my Nightwing review, the set also includes two weapons. The sword is the obvious choice for Slade, although the bo staff would work for him too.

The details on Deathstroke are once again incredible. There are even mask details on his head!

It makes sense to include Deathstroke alongside Nightwing, due to their Teen Titans connection, but it does seem odd to include a master assassin in a pre-school line. But I guess the same could be said about all the villains, really, which is part of why I love Imaginext so much.

Deathstroke isn't one of my favorite villains, so had he not been included with Nightwing I probably wouldn't have sought him out. But I can't help but admire the figure's design, and even though the set is an exclusive it's nice to see Fisher-Price went the distance on both figures (instead of packing Nightwing with a re-colored Batman etc like Mattel is prone to do). The set is worth picking up for sure!

8 comments:

  1. You finally found one! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a new Captain Cold in Target the other day, he's pretty cool! (Pun not intended lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is neat! I am personally trying to stick to the Bat-Family but may end up picking him up eventually.

      Delete
  3. Am wanting this guy now! Along with any other that are appearing on the tv shows now lol...just so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get Black Canary since she also appears on Arrow!

      Delete
  4. I want to buy, where do you buy? I'm from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete