2/26/12

League of Extraordinary Blogger :: Where are they now?


This week's League assignment: "The 80′s and 90′s were filled with kids and teens in the movies. Which movie would you like to see a sequel made in 2012 with the original cast members, who have aged the same as you and me."

Hmm, this might prove to be a tough assignment. There's the obvious 'Breakfast Club' and 'Goonies' and 'Ferris Bueller' answers that are sure to seed the entries from other blogs, but I am never one to go for the obvious. I also wasn't really into kid team/teen movies back in the day. I liked space movies and superhero movies and sci-fi movies. If I wanted to see a bunch of stupid kids go out and do stupid stuff I'd go outside with my friends (I grew up at a time when we as kids could do so. Sure, there wasn't a dead body to see or hidden pirate treasure to discover, but that didn't stop us from looking!)

So I'm going to cheat and say in 2037 I'd like to see a sequel to one of today's greatest movies about, well okay they are in their twenties, but twenty is the new 13 nowadays, right?

In twenty five years I'd like to see a  'Scott Pilgrim vs. The World' sequel with all the main players. I imagine Scott and Ramona will be long broken up or divorced or something. Maybe Scott now has seven evil ex-wives. Maybe Scott and Ramona have seven evil kids. Or Scott eventually marries Kim and has to deal with seven evil step-children.  I don't know, but there's bound to be a great story in there somewhere.







The same...but older.



For more info and to find out how you can join The League of Extraordinary Bloggers, check out this post over at Cool & Collected.

And for a re-cap of last week's assignment, check out the following links:

No comments:

Post a Comment