1/30/19

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Cliffjumper

Ok first things first, HaSBrO...this is NOT Cliffjumper! You gotta stop painting Bumblebee red and calling him Cliffjumper! STOP IT, STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

Cliffjumper was a Porsche voiced by the LEGENDARY Casey Kasem. Not a red rattle-canned Beetle! You might as well paint Bumblebee orange and call him Huffer or paint him blue and call him Seaspray!

That said, this Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters "Cliffjumper" IS a red Bumblebee, which is a cool nod to the G1 red Bumblebee who, in the days before the internet, held a bit of a legendary status.

Like Bigfoot, few had seen it in person, but someone always claimed they knew someone who had one!

I think this guy is part of the second wave of Energon Igniters, but to be honest I haven't paid much attention to them.

I did see and love the Bumblebee movie (don't get me started on Cliffjumper's treatment THERE either!) and I do like this simple cute and inexpensive Transformer.

He has a really nice VW Beetle vehicle mode for this level of Transformer as well.

I was tempted to get this basic Bumblebee in yellow and might now go back for him now that I have him in red. I didn't even know this variant was coming/out there until I spotted him hanging on the toy aisle pegs at Target.

Bumblebee in red. NOT Cliffjumper!

Just a few easy steps to get Bumblebee from bot to vehicle and back again.

I like this basic level Transformer, one you can slip into your pocket and sneak into school where toys aren't allowed.

At least that's what I used to do when I was in school.

Now I sneak them into work but no one cares.

The Energon Igniters gimmick is similar to the old "Key cars", apparently you can get a trigger of some sort with another higher price-point bot (Sold Seperately!) and shoot them across the floor. I would have preferred a cleaner rear bumper without the gimmick but I suppose it could look worse. I'll just pretend he has a cooler full of beer strapped to the rear bumper and is off to drink his sorrows away for being a repainted Bumblebee and not a badass Porsche that sounds like Shaggy Rogers hosting the weekly Top 40.

3 comments:

  1. This is what angers me nowadays about toy companies.Back in the day ,we'd get keys with the car so that when we got home,we could actually play with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Either include the launcher with each figure or ditch the gimmick!

      Delete
  2. The original Cliffjumper was my favorite "pocket" Transformer and he went a lot of places with me.

    ReplyDelete