4/25/12

Harley Qwednesday :: Killing Joke Homage

I found this wonderful Killing Joke inspired Harley Quinn cosplay pic on DeviantArt. I love it!

Artist and cosplayer (and probably a whole lot of other cool things) Jackolyn had this to say about the image:


"I would have to say that this was honestly a really lucky shot. 

I was just doing a costume test about a week before Halloween, and I wanted to make sure that it would all pull together once I had the makeup on. I took a bunch of photos, and this one came to me spontaneously. 

I just stood in front of the mirror and took 2 shots of my reflection. This was the second shot, as the first one was blurry. 

It never even came to me that it looked like the cover from The Killing Joke until I was going through all of them at the end, I just so happened to have a devilish grin on my face, and I managed to crop it just right considering I put no planning into it whatsoever.

As far as my hair is concerned, I've had it like this for 4 years now. I've always been a fan of Harley, and I'm much like Harley myself so my hair is reflective of that. It has nothing to do with Suicide Squad Harley, and I was a little bit upset that her new hairstyle is what I've had mine like for years now. Most people assume that I'm copying that when that's not the truth at all."


Check out Jackolyn's DeviantArt page for more awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment