3/19/14

Imaginext Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man

I was out looking for the Imaginext Poison Ivy and Scarecrow figure set the other day, and while I did not find it I did stumble on to the Target exclusive Imaginext Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man set!

I had seen this set once in the past, but I passed on it. This time I found it in conjunction with a Target Imaginext sale, so I just couldn't walk away from it again! I'd have of course preferred a classic Martian Manhunter, but this one, based on the modern New52 version, does look pretty cool. And of course Plastic Man is always awesome.

I'm glad I found this set again, especially since it is a Target exclusive. While I have yet to experience any sort of retail shortage for any Imaginext set I have wanted, these figures will only appear at Target stores (at least for the forseeable future), so my shopping options are limited. I'd hate to have passed on it twice and never see it again!

I shouldn't have passed on it the first time, honestly, but Poison Ivy is higher on my list, and I am surprised she has thus far been the more elusive set.

I haven't opened this one yet, but Plastic Man deviates from the Imaginext norm and is more of a rubbery bendy toy than the standard articulated Imaginext action figure. A neat idea, but I both fear his future if I do not open the package (will he suffer from Matteleprosy like many MOC Mattel figures?) and his durability if I do (will he eventually tear or otherwise degrade from too much bending?)

I'm sure I will open this set eventually, I just didn't have the time between shooting the pictures and the rest of my evening obligations. Hopefully I will get a chance to post pics of Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man free from their prison soon!

3 comments:

  1. Neat ideal with the little Plastic Man but yeah I would get him out of that package soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want! Fun to see Plastic Man is bendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!
    We will be going to Target this week... hopefully they have them!

    ReplyDelete