10/19/09

Gorilla my dreams

Does anyone know the origin of this King Kong looking gorilla?

EDIT: Thanks to Jon K of Random Acts of Geekery (I knew I could count on Jon for the answer!) I now know this is the Palmer Plastics Company King Kong from their Unbreakable Movie Monsters pack released in the mid 1960s, and that he also originally came with a tiny Fay Wray (wish he still had her.)

He is a couple inches tall, and is cast in solid blue plastic.

He also looks like he's hailing a cab.

I found him at the swap meet, and I got him for free the same day (and from the same vendor) I got my little blue Zonkers alien.

He's a little rough, and if I had to guess I'd figure he's older than the Zonkers guy who came out in the eighties.

"Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal!"

5 comments:

  1. I have no clue, but he rocks Gorilla socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like the Palmer Plastics King Kong figure... there was a whole line of them, and I've featured photos of them on the Random Acts of Geekery before. They came out in the 1960s, and is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cool looking blue gorilla!

    Does that make him Blueberry Ape instead of Grape Ape? lol.

    Awesome find Bubba congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice monkey. I want one.

    Also, I think he's hailing a banana.

    ReplyDelete