3/12/13

Hotwheels, the Final Frontier.

I bet you didn't see this one coming - I sure didn't!

Look for the J.J. Abrams Star Trek movie reboot version of the Starship Enterprise on Hotwheels shelves now, for about a dollar.

Hotwheels is releasing the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 in their HW Imagination series (don't be fooled by the green stripe on the card, this is not a Treasure Hunt or chase or rare vehicle. Just a new model for 2013, available wherever Hotwheels are sold and in the same quantities as any new release.)

Okay Hotwheels, while I appreciate what you are doing here (and will buy one when I see it) and dig all the licenced movie vehicles you have been releasing lately, I am more than a little peeved that we're getting a freaking Starship Enterprise before we get Mad Max's Interceptor, which is by the way AN ACTUAL CAR and has...WHEELS that were in fact pretty hot if I remember my film history correctly.

Now do us a solid, Hotwheels, and get us some more movie and TV vehicles with, you know, wheels - starting with Mad Max's Interceptor - before you continue boldly going where no Hotwheels orange track can go anyways.

Pic unabashedly borrowed from eBay, where I do not suggest you go and pay more than a dollar for a dollar Hotwheel. But hey, it's your money.

10 comments:

  1. Maybe when the new Mad Max comes around they'll do it? More likely if they did anything it would be a car from the new movie. I'm guessing that's why this one is being done with the movie around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm worried about, I don't want a fancy update, I want the real deal! Hotwheels has already released the Falcon that the Interceptor was based on, so I imagine they are trying to get it to happen, like how they released a stock DeLoreon before they released the BTTF time machine.

      Delete
  2. OK, I just made a completely embarrassing "Squee!" noise at work. Thanks for the head's up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put me down as wanting the Jet Car from Buckaroo Banzai in this line.

    Also, I hate to sound like an annoying Trek nerd, but I do wish this were the Classic Enterprise and not the Abrams' version. Or at least give us both options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that would be a GREAT 1:64 die-cast to have!

      And I agree, a classic Enterprise is much preferred.

      Delete
  4. Have you guys seen the Flinstone's car they have out? I just picked one up last weekend. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still trying to find it (and the Mystery Machine) at retail.

      Delete
  5. Neat that they are releasing this but yeah where is Mad Max's car or the General Lee as a matter of fact. Also a Air Wolf would be nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been looking for this one since the spring and I've yet to see it anywhere. Looks like they were all bought up and marked up on ebay. Scalpers!

    ReplyDelete