1/13/12

Friday the 13th :: The OTHER guy in a hockey mask

Happy Friday the 13th!

I've been fond of the TMNT character Casey Jones since I was first introduced to him in the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. I absolutely loved his portrayal by Elias Koteas in that flick, still and always a classic of comic book cinema.

I've also been enjoying collecting classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures over the past few years, even though I payed them no heed when they were originally on toy store shelves. Nowadays I buy a lot of them loose/incomplete at yard sales and flea markets and I'm usually fine with that. Yet I've always avoided buying a loose Casey Jones.

Casey Jones' accessories...weapons, mind you...are critical to the character. So I avoided him even though I really really wanted him.

Well now, thanks to Jboypacman of Revenge From the Cosmic Ark - I have a complete Casey Jones in my collection!

Casey Jones comes with his old golf bag, a beat up old putter and two broken wooden bats. See, he just wouldn't have been the same without those!

Otherwise, what else is there to say about old Casey? He's an urban vigilante who dons a hockey mask and beats the living tar out of the bad guys each and every night. He also hangs out with turtles. What's not to love?

I've always lamented the fact that stupid 'Jason' hockey masks are a dime a dozen every Halloween, but there's never been a proper official Casey Jones Hockey Mask released for an adult (I use the term 'adult' loosely) like myself to wear.

So this past Halloween I modified my own:

In addition to carrying my baby around, I also carried a smashed-up old golf club. It was awesome.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great figure of an awesome character. I have the figure as well, but I'm only missing the golf club. It would be cool if there was a movie version available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A movie version would be excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying him Bubba and that custom mask of yours is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, always loved this figure. When I had to move a ton of stuff from my folks, I sadly had to do a bit of a cull on my TMNT figures. This was one of the few survivors.

    ReplyDelete