11/19/12

This Dorke's Horde...Trooper

Okay let's get one thing straight: Skeletor is a badass and Hordak is a ninny. Also, growing up I always considered Hordak and his minions to be girl's toys because they were featured predominantly on the She-Ra cartoon.

But since this Horde Trooper is hard to find, sort of awesome in a Stormtrooper kind of way, and is not a dolly (pants = not removeable) he has earned the right to be featured on Toyriffic.

"I renounce Hordak for the ninny he is and join Team Skeletor!"

Horde Troopers came out near the end of the Masters of the Universe line (he's marked 1985) so they are generally harder to come by than figures released during the line's peak. In fact, before seeing this guy at the flea market, I don't believe I've ever seen one in person.

Therefore I was willing to shell out a whopping five dollars for this guy. That's a lot in flea market dollars!

As with all Masters of the Universe toys, the Horde Trooper has an action feature. As with all Hordak minions, the action feature reflects his uselessness - basically any good guy or door knob hits the center of the Trooper's Horde symbol and poof, he falls apart!

Horde Trooper originally came with a staff (also useless) but mine does not have it.

I do admit I'm a bit jealous that Skeletor's robot minions never made it to plastic while Hordak's junkyard heaps did. But I'm not bitter.

15 comments:

  1. Kinda reminds me of the Slayers from Krull http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DRG-zX2KaDQ/UGPbIXsklZI/AAAAAAAAA90/ZJYU6YcP94Q/s400/krull%2Bslayer.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great score! I wanted one back in the day as well but never found one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was quite surprised to find him at the flea market.

      Delete
  3. That figure is epic. As is befitting Hordak, the greatest Eternian villain of all time. No matter what your rigged poll claims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Trooper has also been rigged to infiltrate Hordak's army (not difficult, Lookee does it on a daily basis) and spy for Team Skeletor.

      Delete
  4. The pegs of my local Rose's were freakin' loaded with these guys when they came out. Shame I had moved on from He-Man by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had the power to travel back in time I would waste it on toy collecting.

      Delete
    2. You know I'm torn on the matter..would I tell 7 year old Chris to just save his money, or would I tell him to buy this stuff and just take very, very good care of it? Hmm..

      Delete
    3. I'd just push myself out of the way and buy toys to take...back to the future!

      Delete
  5. Team Skeletor all the way! But this Trooper does look way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a big MOTU fan but thats a pretty cool figure. That thin little waist looks a bit weird...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had to stay slim, what with all those gals like She-Ra and Bow prancing about.

      Delete
  7. We need more classic MOTU!
    One of our goal.

    ReplyDelete