9/28/14

Bucky O'Hare - Intergalactic Rabbitary, Rabbitary Intergalactic!

A few years ago John of RobotMonsterSpaceSuperHero asked me to keep my eyes peeled during my toy hunts for a Bucky O'Hare action figure so he could add the alien green rabbit to his collection. I knew little about Bucky O'Hare but I knew what he looked like and that I'd probably find him eventually, so I was glad to help, and in short order I found the funny space bunny.

What I didn't know was that after finding a Bucky for John, I would think he looked so cool in person that I would want to find one of my own!

My patience finally paid off last weekend when I spotted Bucky O'Hare once again, and this time he's mine, mine, MINE! ALL MINE! MUAHAHAHAHAhahaha...ha...hahaha...ha....ahem.

Amazingly I found Bucky in a basket of other random toys and he was still clutching his blaster. More amazing - I got him for fifty cents!

The muzzle of his blaster is a bit droopy, but I am sure I can fix that issue with some hot and cold water therapy.

Honestly I still know nothing about Bucky O'Hare, except that he was made by Hasbro in 1991. And that he's a Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon type alien rabbit. I believe he had a supporting cartoon, but I don't think I've ever seen it. If he doesn't have a comic book, he should. I may start looking for some supporting characters now, too.

But even if I never find anyone else, I am glad I finally succeeded in tracking Bucky down. He's in scale with TMNT figures, so he'll be slapped right into my collection of mutated animals and human/animal hybrids.

I just hope he and Usagi Yojimbo don't multiply!

6 comments:

  1. There was a comic book and a video game.This is a great line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original Bucky O'Hare comic dates back to the late '70s/early '80s, and he was created by none other than Larry Hama, the man most responsible for G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero, and Michael Golden.

    His toy-line and accompanying animated series were both released nearly a decade later; a direct result of different companies trying to find the next "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". I vaguely remember the cartoon, and never really owned any of the action figures. Except for a beat-up Bucky figure I found at the park when I was a kid.

    I'm pretty sure some friends and I smashed him, which I totally regret these days. He seems like an awesome figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these years, and I thought he was a Playmates product. He certainly has the look and build of a TMNT offshoot, and I'm sure that's what Hasbro was going for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bargain! Congrats on the find buddy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed you've got his gun as well. I never find Bucky accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find, and with one of his guns!

    I love Bucky O' Hare! My childhood Bucky figure lost an ear, so I'm hunting a new one down. My brother and I had almost every figure, but almost all of them have been lost. I did happen upon a nice Dead Eye Duck with 3 guns a while back, he's probably one of my top 10 favorite toys.

    ReplyDelete