11/9/14

Police Officer Harley Quinn Playmobil Custom

When Harley Quinn first burst onto the scene in Batman: The Animated Series, one of her most memorable premier moments was of her dressed as a police officer in order to wheel a cake into police headquarters filled with Joker stuffing.

So when I learned Playmobil was releasing a female police officer in their Fi?ures Series 5 line-up, I knew exactly what I had to do!

Unfortunately I've been suffering from a long term Playmobil drought locally. The educational store I used to acquire my Playmobil fix from closed recently, and Toys R Us is painfully unreliable. For instance: they just got in a glut of old Series 4 Fi?ures, then suddenly they got a shipment of Series 7! No sign of Series 5 or 6, both of which contain figures I am actively seeking. Sigh.

Anyways, thanks to fellow blogger and toy collector Dex of AEIOU and Sometimes Why I did get my hands on the Series 5 Police Woman Fi?ure, which I promptly transformed into Police Woman Harley Quinn. I already had a Playmobil police motorcycle on hand, so they two were brought together as destiny ordained.

The Playmobil Fi?ures Series 5 Police Woman comes with handcuffs, a handgun, and a billy-club. I changed out her head piece for the Geisha head I use for my go-to Harley Quinn head, and replaced the hair as well to more accurately represent Harley's cartoon cop-girl appearance.

In her original animated police-woman appearance, Harley sported a skirt, so this isn't as screen-accurate as it could be. but hey, where else are you going to be able to find a Police-woman Harley Quinn action figure? I just wish Playmobil made it easy to buy parts; if I could get my hands on a bucket of those Geisha heads I'd make these kinds of customs all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment