5/24/15

Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man by Imaginext

Speaking of Plastic Man, I've had this Target Exclusive Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man Imaginext set for some time now and it's about time we looked at them here on the old blog.

It was a hard to find set for a while, but lately they are appearing in greater numbers and I believe they are shipping with the new Solomon Grundy.

I of course picked the set up because of the unexpected inclusion of Plastic Man, but I have to admit that Martian Manhunter is pretty cool, even if it's his 'New 52' costume and not his classic look. Don't get me wrong, I really like Martian Manhunter as a character, but I am just not a fan of his modern look.

"Hey, I want a New 52 cape and hardcore edgy look too! Wait, I'm Plastic Man, I can have whatever look I want!"

Even though under his cape and chestpiece Martian Manhunter is just a plain bald green alien, Fisher-Price gave him an exclusive body sculpt and gave him weird alien ripples as well as cloth wrinkles on his pants. As simple as these figures are, it's neat to see these extra little details!

Plastic Man is unique too, but in a special way. He's made of a more rubbery substance - almost like a bouncy ball - and he is a bit bendy and a little bouncy. Almost like a bendy figure, but he has no internal metal armiture to keep him in place once bent.

His rubbery nature is a neat detail and a fun way to represent Plastic man's powers in Imaginext form.

"Eat your heart out, Stephen Amell! Okay, which way to the TMNT 2 tryouts?"

Plastic Man is a surprising addition to the Imaginext ranks. It isn't like he really has any media representation at the moment. Plus Fisher-Price didn't give him to us in his 'modern' New 52 garb but instead gave us a classic Plastic Man! I'm very pleased about that fact.

Finally, he's so simple yet they actually sculpted the details (limited as they are) of his costume instead of just painting them on. This guy is awesome on every level!


The Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man Imaginext set is only available at Target, so keep your eyes peeled and nab it when you see it.

4 comments: