3/20/15

Hold me closer, tiny Raphael

I've admired these tiny TMNT figures for years. I see them occasionally online and always think 'how cute!' Their smaller stature (and iconic sculpts) open the possibilities for a lot of fun with scale. Is everything else larger? Or did Donatello invent a shrinking-ray?

Thanks to the flea market and my pathological need to eliminate change from my pockets, I now own Raphael. Or perhaps any turtle in an original red bandanna. I suppose it will depend on if I ever find any others, especially if three more of them are redundant Raphaels.

Not much to say about him - he's basic. And small.

"Donnnnyyyyyyy!!!!!"

10 comments:

  1. I use to see these lil dudes for sale in pharmacies years ago. I don't know why it was only there - a set of 4. Still regret not picking them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish I had seen them when they were on the store shelves. Apparently I didn't spend enough time in pharmacies!

      Delete
  2. Those little mini turtles are cool! I didn't even know they made these until a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now all you need is a set of tiny Sai's or is it Sai?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever the case, they would be pretty easily lost!

      Delete
  4. I got those guys in the early 2000's at a dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should post them on your blog, if you have access to all of them!

      Delete