5/3/15

LEGO Simpsons Series 2 Bartman :: Hitting Stores NOW!

We went to the Toys R Us Star Wars Day free LEGO build event today and built a sweet mini Wookie Gunship. We also met Geoffrey and my intern was not only not scared of the massive guy in a giraffe suit, but she hugged him and told him all about the snail she found that morning that was hanging around her neck in a little bug locket.

But the highlight of the day was also discovering that the Simpsons Series 2 LEGO Minifigures  are out now! I didn't have much time to squeeze the packages but fortunately in the time I did have I found my #1 most wanted figure: Bartman!

As iconic as the Simpsons are today it's easy to forget how much Bartman is a product of the early nineteen nineties. The Simpsons were a fairly new phenomenon, and Bat-mania was hitting at a level that it hadn't seen since the sixties thanks to the Burton Batman movie of '89. The mash-up was perhaps not inevitable, but it happened anyways and sold a lot of t-shirts: Batman combined with Bart Simpsons (and 'nineties neon' too) and Bartman was born!

The LEGO Bartman minifigure comes with a cape and a slingshot. I won't waste your time with dot codes because to me those are worthless. I will say if you squeeze for these you will easily recognize Bart's cylindrical head and flat-top, and you can also easily distinguish the slingshot.

The other figures in this wave include:
Sunday-Best Homer, Sunday-Best Marge and Sunday-Best Lisa (who comes with Snowball 2 or 16 or whatever), Maggie with Santa's Little Helper. Milhouse as Fall-Out Boy, Comic-Book Guy, Professor Fink, Hans Moleman, Patty, Selma, Groundskeeper Willie, Mrs. Krabappel, Smithers Dr. Hibbert and Martin Prince.

I may seek out Fall-Out Boy, but since I now have Bartman if I don't get anyone else from this wave it won't be the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment