11/25/15

Hot Wheels Batman v Superman Batmobile

Thanks to Mario from A Year of Toys (which is a complete smokescreen as he has been blogging about toys for far more than a year!) I have my hands on the newest Batmobile - so new the movie it appears in hasn't even hit screens yet - the Batman v Superman Batmobile!

This Batmobile looks like Keaton and Bale's Batmobile got it on and made a baby. I can't say it really does anything for me, like the Arkham Knight Batmobile, but I suppose seeing in action may change my mind.

 Hot Wheels has released this Batmobile 'New for 2016' which means for once I'm ahead of the curve.

There's really not much more I can say about this Batmobile until we see some actual shots of it in the movie. Rumor has it that this Batmobile either converts into or somehow attaches to the Batwing; those odd rear spoiler looking wings imply that may be true. And of course Batman v Superman has to top Bale's Tumbler to Batcycle, and a flying Batmobile would do it.

There's also the 'propulsion-envy' to consider, and a flying Batmobile would be just the thing Batfleck might bust out of the Batcave to confront Superman. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

There is a weird little tampo on the top, like a small hatch or something. The short scene in the trailer would imply this is too small an opening for Batman, so I don't think it's an entry point of any sort. Perhaps it's where the kryptonite launcher pops up from, or maybe it's the connection port for the Batwing, or it's where Bruce pours in the rubber bullets for the gratuitous gattling guns this Batmobile is sure to have in spades.

'Requisite gull wing doors'? Off the top of my head there has probably been one, maybe two batmobiles in the history of Batmobiles with gull wing doors. I also can't tell by looking at this thing how gull wing doors would work given the lines on the vehicle, but I suppose that's just one more exciting reveal waiting for me when Batman v Superman finally hits theatres March 25th, 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment