7/23/16

Power Rangers Game Face!

I've mentioned before that the whole Power Rangers scene completely passed over me. I have never had any interest in it at all, although I respect the concept of Kaiju battles no matter what format they take.

But when I saw this new Power Rangers villain Game Face on the toy aisles I simply could not pass him by. This guy has got to be one of the most ridiculous action figures of all time and I absolutely love him. I don't care a smidge about Power Rangers, or sports for that matter, but somehow when you mash the two together you make something I can't resist. Weird how that works out sometimes.

Game Face was once a simple retail cash register jockey, but then one day a truck hauling toxic waste smashed into the Dick's Sporting Goods where he was working and BLAM! Game Face!*

*Not actually Game Face's bio but probably a better bio than his real bio.

Game Face is a simple action figure with a football helmet torso, a basketball backboard/net/ball head, soccer and volleyball shoulders, a face in the middle of his belly for no known reason (perhaps that's the actual 'game face' from whence his name derived), and other assorted sports equipment making up or simply glued to his body at regular intervals. The paint apps are limited, articulation is a little above 5 POA due to his hips being swivel and his knees bending but as you can imagine that head don't move at all. Parallel parking must be a bitch, good thing it isn't a sport!

"Anyone for tennis?"
I really need the 6" Brave and the Bold Sportsmaster now to complete my team. The mini McD version is all I have at this time, and he's at a terrible disadvantage because none of his companions want to play...wait for it...MINI GOLF! HAW HAW HAW!

Game Face is on store shelves now as part of the Bandai Power Rangers Dino Charge basic line. Get him or be a big old loser!

2 comments:

  1. This is possibly one of the strangest action figures I've ever seen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I'm gonna be a big old loser ;)

    ReplyDelete