8/8/08

"I Can't Get Along Little Doggie....

....I can't even get one that's small."

In honor of the new JLU Club blog created by chunky B and rob!, I decided to talk today about one of my favorite JLU figures, Vigilante.


I think it's safe to say that Vigilante is the most obscure DC character the Justice League Unlimited cartoon and action figure line ever introduced. A motorcycle riding, gunslinging, guitar playing singing cowboy from the 1940s, Vigilante is everything cool about cowboys and superheroes all rolled up in one!



Vigilante was first released in a three pack, and later as a single figure. This is the single version, who was released with a six-shooter and rolled up rope. A fan favorite, he was pretty hard to come by for a long time. I found mine at a Mervyns of all places.





I really like this figure. I'm a huge fan of the old school superheroes from the forties, as well as characters like the Lone Ranger, so Vigilante is right up my alley. I applaud the Justice League Unlimited cartoon and Mattel for bringing out so many obscure and otherwise forgotten heroes from days past. I also hope and pray that DC Universe Classics someday releases a Vigilante figure in their lineup - A DCUC Vigilante, with the 6" scale and all the articulation he'd come with, would go awesome with a Breyer horse.

YEEEHAAAAAAAA!


In the immortal words of Ronnie Van Zant: "Turn it up."

2 comments:

  1. >>I think it's safe to say that Vigilante is the most obscure DC character the Justice League Unlimited cartoon and action figure line ever introduced.<<

    that's a true statement, at least until they release the B'Wana Beast figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeeeeee haaaaaaaw!

    One of the coolest single packs made! Took me forever to find mine as well.

    ReplyDelete