2/3/11

25 Days to go!

I've made it all the way to February third without buying any toys! Albeit the day has just begun, but I've got a full one so toy shopping is out of the question.

I also discussed this challenge with my girlfriend and she said 'what if we're at the swap meet and you pick something up and put it down and I buy it for you?' I told her that was perfectly acceptable and did not violate the challenge. Now we just need to work on our hand signals so she knows what I can't live without.

10 comments:

  1. This is tough, isn't it? I didn't quite realize how often I had the impulse to go check out the toys while out and about. I still look but it's like torture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha!! Just realized that you made Chunky "the Devil." That cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered an Assemble Borg at the end of last month, which will be arriving sometime next week.

    There are a few Micromen I have my eye on, too (and I know I should get them, as they disappear fast!) but I can't justify buying them, having just forked-out for Mr Assemble. So it looks like I'm on a buying hiatus, too. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whine, whine, whine... you guys are killing me, look at lok he knows it's a give and take. And the devil, really? Oh well at least you found a work around at the swap meets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also I just realized this is not the first time I have been called the devil...huh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bubba can your girlfriend buy toys for us too? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I caved-in. Two Microman toys at a price I couldn't resist and that I know would vanish if I didn't act swiftly.

    When I stopped smoking it was way easier than this...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1966 Batman Switch N Go game on Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay strong buddy!
    I would've taken the challenge but 1) I found out about it AFTER it started and 2) knowing my luck something I REALLY want will be on the shelf of a TRU. lol

    ReplyDelete