1/5/12

Proof of 'Venom' infused Bane in The Dark Knight Rises?

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but I haven't heard anyone mention it in internet land yet, so it came as a bit of a surprise when I did spot the obvious clue in the following image the other day...

Check out the back of Bane's neck: A surgical scar running all the way up his neck, from under his vest to under his headgear!

The scar is there in all the pics of Bane. Now that I've spotted it, it stands out like a sore...super-soldier medical procedure.

See, there it is again!

I was already sure that the vest plays a role in the transmission of 'venom' to Bane's brain/spine/muscles, but seeing this 'scar' cinches it for me. Of course an exposed tube is just stupid; Nolan et al would certainly have made the 'venom' transmission tubing internal.

It also ... SPOILER ...


...


...


...


...


...


...would help explain why Bane said that removing his mask would be 'extremely painful' in the prologue. Because it's connected to a tube in his spine!

I'm convinced, Bane will pump 'venom' in The Dark Knight Rises!

5 comments:

  1. Something else I just noticed as well..look at the gauntlet on Bane's right arm. At first I thought that he may have lost one in a fight when I was looking at the pic where he was just wearing the vest. But then I checked out the pic with him grabbing Batman, and again he just has the one gauntlet. There seems to be some sort of tube coming off there as well. In the comics, the controls for his Venom injections were on his arm gauntlet, so....looks like he'll be dosing up in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are so right CM - I didn't even notice the gauntlet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I was signed in on my other google account and didn't realize it..ah well..

    Maybe I'm going crazy, or maybe I've watched the trailer too many times, but I swear Bane was more legible when I watched the trailer again earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they can take the action of the Dark Knight and the humour and wit of Batman Begins and make this one the coup de tat of the whole franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Empire Magazine:
    Costume designer Lindy Hemming also talked about Bane's mask in the film. "He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters."

    ReplyDelete