7/9/12

League of Extraordinary Bloggers :: Waterworks



I haven't been able to take part in the last many 'League' assignments, but this is one is such a no brainer for me that I couldn't pass it up:

Who cried when Old Yeller got shot? What movie, TV show, book, etc. turns you into a blubbering baby every time you see it?

This one was easy (and I thought I had posted it in the past, but maybe not?)

I first saw this animated short at an animation festival around the time my first daughter was born. It may have been close beforehand, or when her mother was pregnant with her, or possibly shortly after she was born. Regardless, I cried like a baby in the movie theatre when this played and am now father to two daughters and this little animated short makes me cry just THINKING about it.

Every.

Single.

Time.

I'm choking up right now as I type this.

'Father and Daughter' by Michael de Wit.



Now grab your Kleenex box and check out a few other League members and what gets them misty eyed:

Green Plastic Squirt Gun
She's Crafti
Flashlights are Something to Eat

2 comments:

  1. I'll be writing a similar line in my post about how having a child affects you in ways you never imagined. I have two boys but can't imagine how "emotional" I might be if I had a daughter. There aren't enough hankies in the world. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man, I should not have watched this...nothing worse than crying like a baby at work :) What a sad, but beautiful little film. Thanks for sharing this. I have a daughter and a son and those two get me emotional all. the. time.

    ReplyDelete