3/22/09

Turn On Your Light, And Stay With Me A While...

...and Rocksteady!

Along with the Mutagen Man figure I posted about earlier I was able to acquire a couple more original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures, including Rocksteady!

It has been a long time since I've seen an original TMNT cartoon so I'm not sure of the exact storyline, but as I recall the Rhinoceros Rocksteady, along with the Boar Bebop were the first two mutated villains in the TMNT cartoon.

All heck broke loose after that with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles battling mutated villains from all level of flora and fauna, but Rocksteady is one of the first and holds a fond place in my heart. It's a shame he and Bebop haven't been given their respect in any of the number of TMNT films that have been made. Here's the meeting I would have loved to have been a part of, to punch the movie executive in the face: "Vanilla Ice, yes...Rocksteady, no. OUCH! He bwoke my node!"

2 comments:

  1. Agree with you. Rocksteady and Bebop should be given some respect for them in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes LEon, I was dissapointed in the second movie when a random wolf and turtle were mutated into villains instead of a Boar and Rhino into Bebop and Rocksteady. I haven't seen Part 2 in ages but the first TMNT movie was a classic - I have it on DVD and re-watch it on occasion.

    ReplyDelete